Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ouch

So, I know it's a little late but I figured it was time to post again. So here we go. The weekend before last I was involved in something very stupid and dehabilitating for several people. I always said I'm much too careful to get into a vehicle with a drunk person, and much to smart to be the drunk driver, but that seems to be all that the month of December conisted of for me, and for the most part we were lucky. No accidents, didn't get pulled over, clean slate. I realize drunk driving is as much of a risk for the driver as it is for any body else on the road, maybe more so for them, because it's not their fault we went out and had fun. Anyway, at about five in the morning, we slammed head first into another car going 70 miles an hour. The injuries were numerous on both sides and the vehicles did not walk away from it. The driver of the our vehicle broke his jaw in three places and snapped his femur in half. The passenger of our car fractured his hip. I got pelted with glass in the face and messed my leg up pretty bad due to the fact that I'm 6' 5'' and the car is not. The passenger next to me was sober and wearing a seat belt and received no injuries. Heh, proves something, right? Anyway, the unsuspecting driver of the other car has been paralized from the waste down. We're not sure if it's permanent or not but we all feel bad. Also, my glasses broke, which yes I do wear them full time, have since I was in the fourth grade but I switch between contacts and glasses often. I bought a new pair for a cheap 300 dollars. GAG. That's way too expensive for a necessity. Which sucks, I bought the cheapest frames and cheapest lenses, but I can not see with out them.

I was not aware of how much I took advantage of my ability to see clearly until I lost it. I think we are all that way. We live on in our world with our ability to do things that others can not and we are none the wiser as to the struggles of others who are less fortunate. My friends do not seem to understand why I don't like going out without my glasses. It's frustrating seeing everything in a fuzzy blur no matter how hard you squint or which way you turn your head. So, I think from now on I'm going to appreciate what I have in life a lot more. I know, not losing my life in the accident should have been the eye opener, but I'm strange.

Anyway, you are a much more talented right than I. Do not deny it again or I'll have to come teach you a lesson.

2 comments:

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

I'm going to assume that last line wasn't meant for me.

That being said, I've never seen you in glasses. I miss my glasses, I broke them trying to prove to me mom they wouldn't break because they are the flexible kind.

irony.kills me.

And I know you hate it but, I distinctly remember that night and saying I didn't think you would drink which pretty much equates to the following thought

I told ya so.

PerplxinTexan♥ said...

This is the part where you remember why you couldn't stand me to begin with and start to update again.